Lowell, Michigan is a small, charming town established in the 1800s. Home to one of Iconic Wellness’s Michigan locations, Lowell is a great place to visit and an even better place to shop for a selection of adult-use cannabis products. If you’re looking for fun things to do in Lowell, there’s no shortage — this guide will help you plan a great itinerary for after your next dispensary visit.
Things to do after your next Lowell provisionary visit
Whether you’re a Lowell native or simply stopping by Iconic, you may be looking for fun ways to spend a post-dispensary run. From nature to a Woodstock-themed Girls Night Out, you may be surprised at what this small town has to offer.
1. Enjoy nature in Fallasburg Park
Fallasburg Park is a favorite of visitors and locals alike because of its scenic river frontage and historic character. Filled with cozy picnic areas and home to many community events and outdoor activities, Fallasburg Park is the perfect nature spot to unwind.
Fallasburg Park spans more than 250 acres and features everything from historic covered bridges to disc golf and fishing. For the most avid hikers, Fallasburg Park also serves as an entry point to the North Country National Scenic Trail. Fun fact: This trail is the longest in the National Trails System, stretching 4,800 miles across eight states from North Dakota to Vermont!
Looking for a fun way to work out? Check out Grand River Riverfront Park. While this park is smaller than Fallasburg Park, it houses a canoe launch, two softball fields, a lacrosse field, and eight soccer fields. Grand River Riverfront Park also offers a nature walking path, a scenic overlook, and a fishing pier – making it the perfect place to relax with a joint after your workout.
2. Get your grub on at a local restaurant
Who doesn’t want to grab some food after hitting the dispensary? There are tons of great restaurants in the Lowell area to try. The following list outlines some of our favorite local establishments in Lowell, including everything from BBQ to ice cream and vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options as well!
- Main Street BBQ: Enjoy authentic BBQ in the heart of Lowell’s Historic District.
- Flat River Grill: Stop in for delicious wood-fired pizza, pasta, and entrees overlooking the Flat River in downtown Lowell.
- Big Boiler Brewery: This beautiful brewpub offers appetizers, wings, burgers, and premium craft beers.
- Riverbend Bar and Grille: This cozy restaurant has an extensive menu, including some of the best burgers in town.
- Vitale’s Ada: This family-friendly restaurant serves pizza and traditional Italian food that won’t disappoint.
- Balls Softee Creme: A favorite among locals for more than 50 years, Balls Softee Creme offers feel-good classics, including chili dogs and banana split sundaes.
- Corner Stop Ice Cream: Open seasonally and favored for their lemon custard, Corner Stop Ice Cream is the perfect place to stop on the way home.
3. EXPLORE A LOCAL EVENT
Whether new to town or a long-time resident, there’s no shortage of one-time and recurring events to explore in the Lowell area. From the West Michigan Bluegrass Musical Festival to the Woodstock-Themed Girls Night Out coming up this October, skipping out on Lowell’s fun and unique events would be a crime as there is something for everyone.
The following list outlines some of the best events in Lowell to consider adding to the itinerary of your next Lowell dispensary trip.
- West Michigan Bluegrass Music Festival: An entire weekend of stage shows and campground jamming, the West Michigan Bluegrass Music Festival sets the stage for music lovers and casual listeners alike. It’s held every summer at the Kent County Fair Grounds.
- Fallasburg Arts Festival: Running for more than 50 years, Fallasburg Arts Festival is a art and cannabis lovers’ paradise. Held at Fallasburg Park, the festival typically features hundreds of local artists and makers, food booths, and craft workshops.
- Fallasburg Harvest Celebration: The Fallasburg Harvest Celebration features a variety of events well-suited to family and friends. Stop by after your visit to our Lowell dispensary to enjoy a pancake breakfast and apple tasting. More adventurous visitors can take on the Harvest Hustle 5K as well.
- Christmas in Lowell: Gear up for the holiday season with more than 350 artists, crafters, and businesses showcase gifts, homemade crafts, and more at the end of November.
- Lowell Community Expo: Held at Lowell High School in early spring, the Lowell Community Expo is an opportunity to view what business, non-profit and recreational opportunities are available in the Greater Lowell Area.
- Girl’s Night Out: Get ready for a flashback to the 70’s with Lowell’s Woodstock Girls’ Night Out. Pull out your favorite tie-dyed t-shirts and flowered headbands, and get ready to try out your new stash as businesses across the local area offer deals and discounts for an extra special Girl’s Night Out.
- Classic Car Show: Spanning across River Street, the Ada Michigan Classic Car Show takes place in conjunction with Ada’s 4th of July Parade. The car show is loved by locals celebrating independence day and makes the perfect post-dispensary pit stop Lowell or some beautiful classic cars after visiting the Lowell Dispensary. Proceeds benefit Flat River Outreach Ministries.
Get ready for elevated entertainment in Lowell
Lowell is also home to many classic establishments frequented by cannabis lovers. In addition to unique and fun activities, consider stopping by the GQT Ada-Lowell 5 Movie Theatre or the Retro Electric Arcade to play nostalgic video games. Our Lowell location is also within 20 miles of Grand Rapids, home to a considerable amount of mini-golf, bowling alleys, and historic attractions sure to make your day.